Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Photo of my titanium anchorage plates

Here is a photo of one of the 4 titanium plates that were inserted during surgery. I have 2 on each side, 1 up top and 1 down the bottom. So I dont gross everyone out I thought a black and white photo was best for this one :)

The ones up the top look a little longer as I can see 3 rings/holes but I think they are all the same, it just depends how they were inserted into my jaw. I am not looking forward to him put elastics on them next week!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. They are going to put elastics on them? I'm not familiar with this. What is the goal?

    I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thank you so much for the dental wax tip! It really helps, ok close up it looks weird but it helps reduce the appearance of the dreaded gap! Thanks loads, hope you are feeling ok xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it helped Amylou!

    Jen, yes they are putting elastics on them. Im not exactly sure how it all works but basically the plates are an anchorage point for the elastics, so it will pull my jaw down and my bite won't be open anymore. I am sure its going to take a while to correct but it will avoid me having further surgery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, thats what they look like! Its so interesting following your blog and seeing how your open bite is being corrected without doing the whole crazy jaw surgery.

    ReplyDelete