Monday, May 2, 2011

Ouch! Anchorage plates working & no more turning!!!

Hey Everyone

I went to the ortho today and I am now feeling quite sore :( He changed the wire on my bttom braces to a very thick wire (im not sure why, I didnt ask). It actually hurt while he was putting it on and a few hours later it started killing me - thank god for pain meds.

He also starting using the top anchorage plates. He had to shorten the plates first by cutting them, then he tied an elastic from the bracket on my back tooth to the plate. So if you are picturing an elastic band its not like that, it was a long thin piece of rubber that he just tied on, like a piece of string. He only did this on my top jaw, he hasnt touched the bottom ones yet. It's not hurting that much at the moment but I have a feeling as the night goes on it may get worse......

But the good news is I don't have to keep turning anymore YAY. And my gap didnt get any bigger than 5mm. I always pictured a huge 1cm gap but mine never got that big. It is still a little embarrassing but not as bad as I thought which is a bonus.

1 comment: