Sunday, May 22, 2011

8 week update with photos

Hey everyone

Its been 8 weeks now since my surgery and 3 weeks since the ortho put elastics on my implants.
I took some photos last night and I realised I am actually still swollen. Some mornings I wake up and feel a little swollen but you will see in the photos below my cheeks are still puffy.
I also can eat pretty much anything now as long as I have a knife and fork (which I have mentioned before). Last week was the first time I had a steak, I was quite excited!! It stills takes me ages to eat and I still can't eat anything really hard like crackers/biscuits (even McDonalds fries is sometimes too hard).
My implants and the elastics really do not bother me at all, it doesnt hurt. I do think my jaw has moved down a little bit, but Ill see what the ortho says tomorrow.
I really want to get my braces on the top soon to start closing the gap. Over the past two weeks my gap has started to close, but closing tilted, not straight. So they are starting to look quite 'buck' now.
I think I will throw a party the day my expander comes out :), its really annoying some days. I just want to be able to talk properly again. I should have this out by Christmas.

My gap last night

Puffy cheeks still


Here are some photos of how the implants work. You can see the elastic tied to the implant and then my bracket. Sorry for the gross mouth shots, you can see everything because its zoomed in!!!


I like this photo because you can see the scars in my mouth from surgery. Notice how it looks lumpy up the top, this is from where I was stitched.  

No comments:

Post a Comment