Monday, April 11, 2011

Back to work today

Its been about a week since my last post and I went back to work for the first time today. I didnt last the whole day as I ended up very tired. Work has been quite good and said I can take it easy the first few days back, so I left at 3pm. I ended up having a little nap when I got home.
I also noticed how unfit I have become. I am normally quite an active and fit person and I was puffing from carrying my laptop from the car to my desk. I also weighed myself today and I have lost about 2 kilos, maybe even a little more.

Last week was a mixed bag, some days were good and others yuck and painful. I havent had any pain killers since Saturday night which is a good sign. I saw my orthodontist for the first time since my op on Thursday, he was very happy with my progress. He said I am healing very well and thinks I am talking well with the expander in.

I still cant really chew anything hard, even chicken or cooked vegies (unless they are mashed). I managed to eat a Maccas cheesburger yesterday which I was so happy about haha Its so soft you can just break it apart. Basically I still can't feel my front teeth so I cant use them to bite and trying to chew anything hard using your back teeth still hurts. I have just been sticking to rice, pasta, mince and bread (using a knife and fork).

My gap is definitely getting bigger and its about half way now (5mm). I have about 10 days more of turning. It doesnt hurt and the gap isnt bothering me at the moment as it doesnt look too bad. I will probably get more self concious about it once it gets bigger. My swelling doesnt seem to be reducing that much, if it is its happening very very slowly, so slow im not noticing. On Friday and Saturday it did actually feel and look like I had some more puffiness just under my eyes.

Here is a photo taken a couple of days ago.

5 comments:

  1. You are so brave to go back to work. I am still not ready at Day 14.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you dont feel up to it dont go back until you are ready. I think I went back too soon, I think I needed a few more days. I struggled the first two days, I had no energy and started getting headaches, but i felt much better today. I am glad though to be getting back into a routine as I know my body will adjust soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have just had Sarpe surgery and wisdom teeth removal 9 days ago. I went back to work part time a couple of days ago and full time today. I hope you are feeling better now, I am finding the pain quite a struggle, and am worrying about my ever expanding gap! It's nice to read about someone going through the same thing that I can relate too. Good Luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling soooo much better now, I actually feel normal again. By the 3rd day back I felt much better. Good luck with your recovery too Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Im now 12 days post op and finding the pain a little less now, so here's hoping it continues that way! :) x

    ReplyDelete