Sunday, April 3, 2011

Finally some relief!

Hi everyone

I haven't blogged for a few days as I have been in some pain and not quite up to it.
I am about 9 days post SARPE now and feel like I have turned the corner. my swelling doesn't seem as bad and the pain is easing.
From day 5 - 7 was by far the WORST! I was having quite bad pain all across the sinus and top of my head and in my TMJ, it felt like a constant migraine for 3 days. The swelling didn't seem to change over those days and the plates were still digging into my cheek causing even more pain. I also felt like my jaw was heavy and all the muscles just couldnt hold it up. My neck and shoulders have also been really tight so my husband has been massaging them for me which helps. I considered calling my surgeon as I thought it was suppose to get better not worse, but I toughed it out and it was all ok.
I did have my first cry on Friday :( I think it just got all too much and I needed to release some emotions and I was experiencing a fair bit of pain that just wouldnt go away with meds.
But now I only have some pain in my top jaw and sinus but its not as bad. The numbness is getting better aswell.

Turning - I have been turning the key every day now and have a small gap, I will post some photos later. It doesn't hurt turning but I do feel a little pressure. I think part of the pain I was experiencing was from turning while still swollen, it increased the pressure in the sinus.

Swelling - Has definitely started going down. I am still puffy around my eyes and nose but the cheeks are subsiding and releasing a little pressure off my plates

Anchorage plates - I have mentioned this before but I think alot of my discomfort and pain is coming from the plates. I have little round marks inside my cheek which look like the pieces of skin will fall off because they have dug in so much.

Eating - I have been eating some noodles and even ate a lasagne with ease on Saturday. I still can't chew things like chicken yet as it is a little too hard

Jaw movement - I found that a few days ago my jaw was very stiff! Because I hadnt been chewing it feels like it starts to freeze. If I knew this I wouldve started trying to move my jaw earlier to relax the muscles. It has more movement now as I have been doing my own little exercises and massaging it. I still can't open it very wide but its getting better.

Anyway its getting a little long this blog so I will finish up. I have my first ortho appointment Thursday so I will update after the appointment.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there lady! I'm day 7 today, and I agree it hass been HELL.

    ReplyDelete