Friday, April 15, 2011

3 weeks post op

Well its 3 weeks post op today and I cant believe how quickly time has gone. I am feeling so much better now and feeling quite normal again. I think I will start to exercise again next week and see how I go.

I noticed today my eating has improved, I had some small pieces of chicken and lamb in indian food. I am getting over eating soft food and lack of variety. I would really love to just have some steak and salad one night.
My swelling hasn't completely gone and I look tired all the time but its definitely getting better.

I am probably about half way with my gap now and its not really bothering me. I find my speech is being slightly affected by the gap. I work in sales and do have to talk quite a bit so towards the end of the day I start to slur my words a little as my cheek muscles get tired. I still find it just physically impossible to prenounce certain words so I sometime spell them haha And people do find it hard to understand me and ask me to repeat myself occasionally- the joys of having an expander!!

I think some of my stiches came out today, but I still have most of them there. They are starting to feel a bit loose and annoying so im hoping they will all fall out in the next few days.

I am anxiously waiting for my breathing to improve, im hoping soon I can start to breath through my nose better. Some days it feels better already but I think I need more expansion before I really notice it.

I received my surgeon bill a few days ago (for any of the aussie's reading my blog). The surgery came to $4,500 ($1000 alone were the implants). I am still waiting for the anethestic bill but I am assuming its at least $1000. I will be able to claim some back from medicare and health fund so I wont be completely out of pocket. I am anticipating being about $3000 out of pocket.

I am seeing my orthodontist on Monday so I will post after that. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment