Tuesday, April 26, 2011

4 weeks post op update

Hey everyone

Just a quick update, it has been just over 4 weeks now since my surgery and I am pretty much back to normal. I still think I have a very very small amount of swelling but only I can really notice.
Eating is about 80% back to normal, there are still lots of things I can't eat yet or I just havent tried to eat. I havent tried to eat a steak as I think it would be too hard, I will try soon though. I also havent eaten any salads as lettuce is almost impossible to chew. Forget about sandwiches or bread rolls as my open bite is so big now I cant bite into it. I am finding since my expansion that I can only chew on my right back two molars which is really annoying. A knife and fork has become my new best friend, I find it so much easier to eat everything with them, its also impossible to eat some things without them.
I havent really noticed any change to my breathing yet, I thought I would have by now.
I have been a little concerned about my gap though as it doesnt look like it has increased in size the past week. I measured the gap, its 5 mm which is the same as last week, so I then measured how far the RME has expanded and its over 6mm. I noticed today though that I am starting to get gaps in between my front and second tooth, I hope it is normal!
Nearly all of my stitches have fallen out, only a couple remain.

What is really annoying me and sometimes getting me down is trying to decide what to eat all the time, especially when I am not at home. I can't just grab anything when im out, I am constantly eating rice or pasta as its the only option. I use to love eating, it was my favorite part of the day hehe - now I just hate it. I also takes me sooooooo long to eat a meal as I have to cut everything into small pieces, it gets cold by the time im finished.

1 comment:

  1. I am also four weeks, and finally, finally feel about 75% normal. It is difficult to be out and about and find something to eat since I still am pureeing and drinking most things. If not, it still gets pretty messy.

    Glad you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete