Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bad news :(

Well I was suppose to get braces on the top teeth last Thursday but I showed my ortho that my very front right tooth seemed to look a little grey in colour. Its definitely darker than the other front tooth. My worst fears were realised when he told me it looks like my nerve/tooth has died and that I would need root canal :(
I was not happy and a little upset and I will be seeing my normal dentist this Thursday. The ortho said he can't put my braces on until its been fixed.
I asked what has caused it and it could be a number of things, basically its died because ive had trauma to it. He kept asking me if I had knocked that tooth, or was hit in the face etc etc but I can't remember anything like that happening.
I think it could be from a few things:
1. My operation
2. My teeth moving so quickly closing the gap
3. My night splint I use to wear, it went on my front two teeth and I use to bite/snap my teeth together during my sleep ( I use to wake myself doing it)  A bit like a crocdile snapping its jaw together

In the end the appointment wasnt completely wasted as he put brackets on my back teeth (which I now have huge ulcers from) and he put elastics on the bottom plates. So I now have all 4 plates being used. My teeth were so sore after he put the elastics on, I was back to soft foods for a few days. It is working as well, my open bite is definitely coming together.

Anyway I will update you all after I see the dentist on Thursday, fingers crossed its not going to cost me too much to get fixed as I heard root canals can cost a fortune!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear that,hope you get it sorted soon
    xxx

    ReplyDelete